* How do I sign up to volunteer? Individuals interested in volunteering can either sign up by submitting a volunteer application or by contacting our Volunteer & Communications Manager (320) 240-1900 x 205. Those interested in volunteering as a group or a business involvement project should contact the Volunteer & Communications Manager directly. One time volunteers usually do not need to complete a volunteer application.
* Do you have age requirements? Opportunity Matters welcomes volunteers of all ages! Children 12 and under must be accompanied by a Parent/Supervisor while volunteering. All other volunteers under the age of 18 must have a parent/guardian's signature prior to beginning their volunteer opportunity with OMI.
* Do you complete background checks? For most volunteer opportunities, applicants must complete and clear a Department of Human Services background check.
* What is the volunteer process? Getting enrolled as a volunteer with Opportunity Matters is accomplished in only a few steps. First you should complete a volunteer application or contact the Volunteer & Communications Manager to discuss a volunteer opportunity. Once your volunteer application is received, the Volunteer & Communications Manager will contact you to set-up a time for you to come into the office to visit more about your interests, availability, and available volunteer opportunities. At this meeting, you will complete additional paperwork, including a DHS background check. Once your DHS background check has cleared, the Volunteer & Communications Manager will notify you and establish an orientation/start date.
* Is there a minimum time commitment? Opportunity Matters does not have a minimum time commitment to volunteer for most volunteer opportunities. The Volunteer & Communications Manager can visit with you more about this during the initial meeting.
* Do you have evening volunteer opportunities? Absolutely! You will find a variety of volunteer opportunities to choose from that are perfect for individuals looking to get involved during the evening or weekend hours.
* What types of volunteer opportunities are available? Opportunities are available for individuals, groups, children, families and businesses. Volunteers can help out in administration or with the individuals we serve. Volunteer opportunities can be done on a regular basis or one-time. Check out our "Current Volunteer Opportunities" page for more information.